10 Cell Phone Radiation Protection Tips
"The voluntary exposure of the brain to microwaves from hand-held mobile phones … [is]
the largest human biological experiment ever. "
~ Professor Leif Salford, Head of Research at Lund University, Sweden
There are now estimated to be 208 million cell phone users in the US alone, 1.9 billion
worldwide. Scientists fear we may be on the verge of a health crisis of epidemic
proportions. Dr. George Carlo, former chief scientist of the cell phone industry's $ 28
million safety research project, predicates 500,000 new cases of brain and eye cancer each
year by 2010 attributable to cell phone use (there are currently 30-50,000 cases each
Studies have linked cell phone radiation to health problems such as headaches, high blood
pressure, brain tumors, cancer, Alzheimer's, and more. There is a latency period for most
diseases and it may take years and more studies before the required weight of evidence is
established. But the effects are cumulative and precautions should be taken now before it
is too late.
Here are some steps you can take to minimize the effects of cell phone radiation exposure:
1. Limit use to essential calls and keep calls short. Even a two-minute call has
been found to alter the natural electrical activity of the brain for up to an hour
2. Children should be allowed to use the cell phone in cases of emergency only.
Because of their developing skulls, the radiation can penetrate much more deeply.
3. Wear an airtube headphone (not regular wired headset). The regular wired headset
has been found to intensify radiation into the ear canal. The wire transmits not only the
radiation from the cell phone but also serves as an antenna attracting EMFs
(electromagnetic fields) from the surroundings
4. Do not put the cell phone in your pocket or belt while in use or while it is on.
The body tissue in the lower body area has good conductivity and absorbs radiation more
quickly than the head. One study shows that men who wear cell phones near their groin could
have their sperm count dropped by as much as 30 percent.
5. If using the phone without a headset, wait for the call to connect before placing the
phone next to the ear.
6. Do not use the cell phone in enclosed metal spaces such as vehicles or elevators,
where devices may use more power to establish connection. The metal enclosure also acts as
a Faraday cage that traps the radiation and reflects it back onto the occupants.
7. Do not make a call when the signal strength is one bar or less, which means the
phone must work harder to establish a connection.
8. Purchase a phone with a low SAR (Specific Absorption Rate). Most phones have a
SAR level listed in its instruction manual. The SAR level is a way of measuring the
quantity of radiofrequency (RF) energy that is absorbed by the body. The lower the number
the better. (Be aware, however, that studies with RF hundreds of times lower than current
SAR limits still show biological effects.)
9. Use a scientifically validated EMF protection device. There are advanced
technologies available nowdays that strengthen your bioenergy field and immune system
against the effects of EMF. The EMF radiation causes a problem only when the cumulative
effects due to repeated exposure weakens the body's ability to repair itself. Even when you
do not use the cell phone, 'second-hand' radiation and EMFs from other devices can also
cause biological stress, so these types of devices are increasingly becoming essential.
10. Take nutritional supplements, particularly anti-oxidants SOD, catalase, glutathione,
and Coq10. Microwave radiation has been shown to decrease levels of these anti-oxidants
in the body. These are substances the body produces to protect itself, and their levels are
sensitive indicators in stress, aging, infections and various other disease states. Other
supplements you may need are:
– Melatonin: a powerful anti-oxidant noted to prevent DNA breaks in brain cells. Also
effective in preventing kidney damage from cell phones;
– Zinc: protects the eye from oxidative damage and helps preserve the levels of
anti-oxidants in the blood;
– Gingko Biloba: an herb considered a powerful anti-oxidant which causes oxidative damage
in the brain, eye and kidney. Also helps support the production of SOD, catalase and
– Bilberry extract: preserves vision and reduces oxidative damage to the eyes.
This list is not exhaustive but representations different layers of intervention you can do
right away to protect yourself and your family. Cell phone radiation (and wireless
radiation in general) poses an extreme public health risk that may take years to become
fully realized. Some experts go on to say that if estimates are correct, then we are on the
verge of a health crisis that could cripple our current health infrastructure. Let's not
wait and find out if this proves true.
(Note: This article is provided for informational and educational purposes only and does not determine medical advice.
(c) copyright Taraka Serrano